These blog posts tell our story from 2012 through 2016:
- First Food Allergy Diagnoses
- Skin Prick Test Results: Adding More Food Allergies to the Mix
- You Never Know Until You Try: Phase Two – Going After the Food Allergies
- Healing Jake
- If You Were Cured Today: Part 1 of the Allergy Series
- Putting the Puzzle Together: Part 2 of the Allergy Series
- Tiptoeing Out of the Bubble: Part 3 of the Allergy Series
- Final Thoughts: Part 4 of the Allergy Series
- Opinions: What the Allergist Said About Histamine Intolerance and Our GFCF Diet
- Cracking the Code: Histamine Intolerance
- Food Allergies Kill
At three months old, severe eczema covered my son’s body and at nine months old, he had his first allergic reaction to food: eggs. Around his first birthday, his symptoms began to snowball. There was no reprieve from the eczema and ear infections, asthma, and additional food allergies were added to the mix.
Steroid creams, Singulair, antibiotics, and breathing treatments were not working and I began to seek out the root cause of Jake’s illness when he was two years old. We’ve spent time with naturopaths, an integrative medical doctor, acupuncturists, and nutritionists. All medication was eliminated and his body began to heal naturally.
Despite an occasional flare, the eczema and asthma have melted away, and his food allergies have dramatically improved. Jake was allergic to: fish, dairy, gluten, eggs, and nuts. So far in 2018-2019, we have been able to add back in eggs, some dairy and gluten, and pecans. Jake’s allergy tests show that he is only allergic to fish now and each week we test a few more things. I attribute his healing to faithful prayer, surrender, gut health, and energy medicine.